This Week we have a ’77 Renegade CJ-7 Jeep Restoration in Ocala Florida at Palm Beach Customs
This 1977 Renegade is an automatic with a 304 V8 engine. We say this about all the Jeeps that come through, but seriously, this one might be our favorite!
More About This 1977 CJ-7 Jeep Restoration in Ocala Florida at PBC
1977 CJ-7 Jeep from California, Rust Free
This is your chance to own a really nice Jeep.
This Jeep has absolutely no rust! The factory chalk markings were still on the frame when it arrived from California.
We steam cleaned underneath and painted with black undercoating. The body has been painted with professional grade, high-quality urethane primer, high-grade urethane base coat, and high solids clear coat.
The roll bars, front, and rear bumpers were base-coated black and satin clear.
Inside of the tub was coated with a spray-on bed liner, dash and hardtop were painted a gunmetal gray,
and original rims have been two-toned black and gray.
This Jeep has the original 304 V8 automatic engine that has been completely gone through with a fresh rebuild.
Re-machined block with all new pistons, new cam, and lifters, timing chain, heads all redone, fresh tune up, brand new carb, and electric distributor with 8mm wires.
The engine was broken in with Lucas Break-in oil. Has a new MagnaFlo muffler, ranchero shocks,
and a mild 2-inch lift kit.
The 304 used from ’72-’78 has the best performance of all the 304s used in the CJ.
Here are some specs on the engine:
- 4×4 full-time (all-wheel drive permanent Quadra-Trac with center planetary differential), automatic 3-speed gearbox
- petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 4981 cm3 / 303.9 cui, advertised power: 86 kW / 115 hp / 117 PS ( SAE net ), torque: 298 Nm / 220 lb-ft
- characteristic dimensions: outside length: 3802 mm / 149.7 in, wheelbase: 2375 mm / 93.5 in
- reference weights: estimated curb weight: 1400 kg / 3090 lbs, gross weight GVWR: 1882 kg / 4149 lb
- top speed: 132 km/h (82 mph) (theoretical);
- accelerations: 0- 60 mph 14.3 s; 0- 100 km/h 15.6 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 19.4 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
- fuel consumption and mileage: average estimated by a-c: 17.5 l/100km / 16.2 mpg (imp.) / 13.4 mpg (U.S.) / 5.7 km/l
List of Parts:
– New stainless steel hood latches
– New tail light lenses
– New side mark amber lenses
– New wipers
– New windshield glass and glass weather stripping
– New cowl weather stripping
– Both doors have completely new weather stripping
(inner door jamb rubbers, outer belt molding,
– innerbelt molding, full channel-run)
– New tailgate rubber
– New speakers
– Pioneer radio system with Bluetooth
– Rebuilt 304 V8 Automatic engine
– Fresh tune-up
– All new fluids (oil, antifreeze)
– Ranchero shocks
– 2-inch lift
– MagnaFlo muffler
– Fresh set of off-roading “racing’ style front seats
– 4 Yokohama ATS 33×12.5 tires (no spare)
We built this as a good driver.
If there’s something that you want to be added to the Jeep, it’s not a problem. Just let us know – a custom winch, stereo, etc. we would be happy to work you to make this Jeep what you want.
Contact with any Questions:
Photos of the ’77 CJ-7 Jeep Restoration in Ocala Florida
Here is the finished CJ-7 Jeep without the top and doors…
Here it is with the gunmetal grey top and hard doors installed…
Comes with the Halogen headlights in the front. Sure beats the original Jeep bulbs 🙂
Has a full roll bar…
Here is the spray-on bed liner on the floors…
Comes with stock back seat…
All new tailgate gasket with spray-on bed liner for easy cleanup.
Here is the CJ-7 Jeep restoration process below…
Brand new front windshield installed with new windshield weather stripping…
See the pile of goodies: complete door weatherstrip kit, cowl weatherstrip kit, and full light lens kit!
Brand new door window channels…
And the door all completed ready to be installed!
Fresh V8 304 engine rebuild:
Hope you enjoyed going through this 1977 CJ-7 Jeep Restoration build pictures and videos above.
Check out some other Jeep CJ-7 projects we did over here