This featured car is one we did awhile back for a customer, it’s a sleek 1968 Mustang Fastback. This project floated the line of restoration and paint job for awhile, but in the end my heart said to dig in. Check out the video below and learn where the paint job had to get some extra lovin’! Enjoy!
We threw restoration in quotes because this vehicle came in with the intentions of just getting a paint job, however I am not one to let the car leave like it shouldn’t. After we pulled the nose and bumpers off it was clear we needed to step up our game and go the extra mile! Instead of pull, sand, prime and paint we did a lot more.
The extra mile:
- Week one was tearing down and welding
- Then we did the body work to Straighten all panels
- Hand blocking and High solids Primer, This process takes time and patients!
- After that we start final sanding
- Refinished all the jambs and inner panels in color and clear coat
- Start the final prep and ground coats
- A few coats of high solids clear
- Wet sand with 600 g to set up a good base for the stripes
- We ran the standard 1968 mustang side c stripe and the 2 center black stripes for the hood
- Now Clear coat
- We used 1.5 gallons of High Solids clear over the Red Pearl Metallic
- The car came out flawless for “just a paint job!”
Check out the car below!
Here are some more pictures of the finished car after the restoration.
At Palm Beach Customs we focus on creating the highest quality product possible. Along with over 35 years in the business our team of top body and paint pro’s use many techniques and materials that were not available for the original mass-produced versions of these amazing cars. At PBC we handcraft one of a kind vehicles for you and will deliver more than just a car, but a work of art.
Whether it’s your first or your last if you are seeking a Mustang or another classic car Palm Beach Customs is dedicated to finding and restoring an original high-quality number matching vehicle for you. We will produce a work of art for you that is better than the day it rolled off the line.
Make sure you check back for more featured cars from PBC. Do you have anything you’d like to see? Let us know if you have any comments, questions or if we can help you with your classic car restoration or customization below, by email, or give us a call at (239) 281-6754. Until next time, keep cruisin’