The Latest High Quality Jeep cj7 Restoration For Sale
1985 CJ-7 “CALIFORNIA” JEEP
- This is a Hard to find 1985 CJ-7 from California that was bought and shipped to our shop
- We’ve restored over 500 antique cars over a 30+ year time period for the love of old vehicles
- this is definitely one of the cleanest Jeeps I’ve seen !!!
It is in awesome condition with absolutely ZERO rust
The original stickers under the windshield and on the firewall look like new.
The shop completely dismantled the rust free body repaired the few dents It only had the original paint
so removal was a easy task we took the body down to bare metal and epoxy primed and block sanded getting it ready for the final color all doors and panels were removed of hardware and refinished sealed and new rubber weatherstripping and class channels were installed
we took the extra time and stripped all hinges and refinished ( jeep originally bolted the hinges on bare steel at the factory ( bad Idea )
of course wee took the extra steps and refinished all the pieces separately and installed every nut and bolt with never seize took the extra time its not every day that you see a
Jeep cj7 Restoration For Sale
The engine runs great — it’s the original 4.2L 6 Cylinder.
The spedo reads 113,362 miles on the clock and we believe this to be true, but unfortunately no guarantees.
The engine compression all tested out at 130 per cylinder. It idles at 800rpm nice and quiet.
shifts through all the gears beautifully. No noises, rattles, or anything of that nature.
It comes with the (best top) soft-doors, which are also included in this sale,
along with the hard top and roof rack
and the Full doors ( that we totally restored ) see below
We took some pictures of the “before” stage that you can check out in the gallery…
- On this Jeep we have: NEW
- Rancho series 2 1/2 inch leaf springs
- Rancho 7,000 series shocks -Master cylinder -Rotors and pads in the front -Rear brakes
- Radiator -Upper & lower hoses -Heater-duct (that connects to the dash)
- Indicators lights (on dash) -Fresh oil change
- Rock crusher skid plate on rear and front differential
- The hubs in front lock for the 4WD with Super Wrench lock outs
- All axles have new spicier U joints
- Exhaust is factory manifold with new catalytic converter and a nice Flo master muffler
The tires are BFGs in good condition with about 85% tread on them and aluminum rims that have
locks on them (along with the key). The spare tire mount is included with the original OEM rim.
For the body… We did a complete disassemble
- We stripped it down to bare metal, repaired 3 little dings ( it was straight )
- epoxy primed, four coats of red base with 4 coats of high grade urethane clear, with some black accents.
- The hardtop is in great shape with fresh Black Satin > the rear glass shuts perfect and all locks work on all doors and rear hatch
- Underneath we wet blasted and sprayed with DP-90 black epoxy to protect the underside.
- Inside we laid down a new, black Reflex Spray-on bed liner inside the body tub .
- -New floor mats from Quadretec
- -New rubber kit installed, belt molding door edge seal, channel run
- cleaned glass and all hardware has been cleaned and greased (Nice )
- -New plastic glovebox
- -The windshield frame was taken off and painted separately and new rubbers on the cowl.
- -The windshield is original with one little chip up high… the rubber is perfect
- with new wiper blades installed
- -We installed new R & L park light assemblies on front
- -New Best Top front seats (driver and passenger)
- -New Smitty built bumper
- it has a tough box center console with lock and key ( that works )
- After 175 man-hours put into this ¾ restoration
- $2,500 in paint and parts was included ( see picture with invoices )
- it was done right ( never seize ) on all nuts and bolts
- Any mathematician can figure out that with the hours,
- materials, and a rust free California Jeep – it’s all here.
- Keep in mind that this is also being listed locally in Branford, Florida 32008 and to local buyers
Keep in mind that this is also being listed locally in Branford, Florida 32008 and to local buyers