With the growing popularity of the classic 4×4 off-road market, RS saw the need for a well-engineered, complete, bolt on, high-performance four-wheel drive chassis. The 1966-77 Early Bronco direct fit chassis marks the first release in the RS4 product line up.
Starting with Roadster Shop’s proven laser rails, a complete chassis was engineered utilizing the best components available in the industry. Currie Dana 44 front and Dana 60 Rear differentials are tied into the chassis through triangulated 4 links designed to optimize anti-dive, anti-squat, and suspension articulation. Massive sealed xAxis flex joints allow increased misalignment, longevity, and performance over commonly used spherical and Johnny joints. Fox Racing 2.5 Factory Race Series coilovers tuned with RS specific valving offer the best of both ride quality on road and off-road performance. Cad Optimized front steering geometry eliminates bump steer entirely while laterally controlling the axle.
Massive 5”x2.5” .188 wall frame rails provide significant strength gains over the undersized stock chassis. 3.5” of additional width inside the RS4 chassis allows simple header installation and steering routing making Coyote engine packaging ideal. All popular classic and modern engine and transmission combinations have standard mounting provisions available. All original mounting locations have been engineered into the RS4 Bronco chassis to allow easy bolt on installation with zero cutting to your body. Ride height has been optimized eliminating the need for body lifts. Bolt on rear shock mounts and desirable track widths allow the RS4 to be easily configured for either uncut, original rear wheel openings or popular bolt on flares. Splined front and rear sway bars with 7075 billet arms and Fox Bump stops are optional along with a long list of engineered options to help assist and expedite your Bronco build.
- Fox 2.5 Factory Series 10” stroke coilovers with remote reservoirs
- 10” front wheel travel, 12” rear wheel travel
- Optimized motion ratios with long travel, light rate springs
- Optimized anti squat, anti-dive, roll axis geometry
- Full travel and articulation with 32.5” tires with no body mods.
- Beefy 5” x 2.5” x 3/16” main rails
- Frame rails spaced 3.5” wider than original chassis for a more stable footprint, while allowing space inside frame rail width for increased motor and exhaust packaging
- Factory body mount and bumper mount provisions
- Bolt on skid plates between front and rear 4-links for slippery bottom side action
- Beefy FAST LINK bars allow full articulation with zero bind and smooth motion, 1.75” tube diameter, 4130 chromoly ends with billet pin lock jam nuts
- Equal length, parallel, steering drag and track bars allow for eliminated bump steer
- Standard steel splined sway bar arm system with optional billet 7075 arms.
Please call or email us at Palm Beach Customs for a shipping quote!
All shipments are F.O.B. Fife, Washington.
All Motor Freight shipments must be prepaid with a credit card, money order, cashiers check, check or cash.
Credit card purchases for first-time purchasers must be shipped to the cardholder’s address. This procedure is designed to protect you, the cardholder.
To make the assembly of your vehicle easier, you may want to consider some of the accompanying components below, based on your specific needs.