C1 Corvette SPEC7 Chassis
The Roadster Shop SPEC chassis lineup has gained popularity due to its ease of installation, advanced engineering, and economical price point. With the continuing popularity of C1-C2 Corvettes, the Roadster Shop identified the need to engineer a brand new chassis falling under the SPEC product line.
In an attempt to keep build costs down, customers often have to select a solid axle rear suspension in their early Corvette chassis. With the addition of the SPEC7 C1-C2 chassis to the Roadster Shop product line, customers can now choose a fully independent chassis for nearly the same cost of our competitors solid axle chassis.
The SPEC7 utilizes the latest GM technology by incorporating C7 Geometry through the use of OEM components. Serviceability and price point are the bi-product of factory GM component integration. For years, builders have looked to the C6 /C7 platform for their early ‘Vettes. Unfortunately, the wider track width requires the use of less than desirable flush, factory style wheels. RS has solved that problem by engineering the SPEC7 chassis to retain C7 components and geometry while packaging them in an impressive 56” track width, allowing for period appropriate wheels with a more visually desirable offset.
Sticking with the GM pedigree, a factory ZL1 9.9” differential was selected in favor of the transaxle, making for a low profile design that neatly packages the driveline in the early corvette platform. Power rack and pinion steering and a wide range of performance coil overs make for outstanding ride quality and performance.
The SPEC7 delivers strength, performance, and packaging with an unmatched price point.
- RS exclusive “Laser Rails” precision CNC laser cut and contoured
- Crossmembers and chassis bracing to allowing for 3″ exhaust
- Utilizes factory body, bumper, and core support mounts
- Optional engine mounts for LS & LT
- Adjustable, drop out trans mount
- C7 Corvette Independent Front Suspension with 57.375″ Track Width
- C7 aluminum control arms and spindle assembly
- Power Rack & Pinion steering
- Easy to adjust upper a-arm eccentric mounts for fast and accurate alignments
- C7 Independent Rear Suspension with 56″ Track Width
- Billet coilovers
- ZL1 HD 9.9″ differential with 3.73 gear ratio and Limited Slip Posi
- IRS drive axles rated to 800 HP
- Rear frame rails will accommodate up to a 345 tire (when mini-tubbed)
Please call or email us at Palm Beach Customs for a shipping quote!
All shipments are F.O.B. Fife, Washington.
All Motor Freight shipments must be prepaid with a credit card, money order, cashiers check, check or cash.
Credit card purchases for first-time purchasers must be shipped to the cardholder’s address. This procedure is designed to protect you, the cardholder.